Share

Thursday 19 February 2015

Absolute Duo Episode 1 Review


Absolute Duo Episode 1 Review is it worth watching?

Episode 1 Absolute duo starts Straight to the action with a script that sets up so much potential

Warnings
Like with alot of anime I fear absolute duo turning into harem a lot of the obvious signs are there but if it's balanced enough I can tolerate it.

I have not read the manga or absolute duo light novels but this review will have spoilers from episode and speculation.

Image from absolute zero episode one showing luciful injection
Characters received powers because of being injected with luciful taken from the former angels name I assume and made me wonder if blaze was some how connected to demonic power which it looks like has corrupted the protagonist from opening.


Tooru using a special punch in absolute Duo Episode 1

In the second battle we see the protagonist  Tooru protects his opponent the person physically closest to him he even  uses an attack that  he holds back even at his own expense which shows that somewhere in his soul is a desire to protect others at high cost and explains why his soul manifested a shield and not sword unlike everyone else. They were forced to fight based on survival of the fittest  a concept in which the strong survive but the Tooru protects weaker and i think maybe this concept affects the manifestation of absolute Duo.
They were literally forced to fight the person closest to them.
The first battle shows he will fight partner again, this time Julie who seems to like and trust  him quite a lot so her motivation for turning on him and being at the academy must be quite strong and probably the same.

To skilled To Young
Who prepared her? How was she trained or is she a prodigy at least in terms of physical ability because she's skilled too skilled. She is interestingly  light-hearted, characters like her are usually militant or aggressive due to the harsh training they endured at  young ages however Julie is very calm maybe  a little emotionless from trauma.
She saw Tor protect the other girl is that what she liked or is it his name and some prophecy form her village of assassins I bet.
By absolute duo I think the script really plays on the sword and shield concept not just the partnership but the concept of balance. Typical Japanese perversion is embarrassing to watch  it's the type of thing that makes me hold my face in my hands while watching.

IS Absolute Duo good?
Well based on the first episode animation is good and if other Duo episodes look like this I'd bee satisfied.
What I like about absolute Duo Episode one is it sets up a lot and leaves me with a lot of questions but I tend to think a lot and question a lot anyway but it's worth another episode to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment